At Orbit Biomedical, our mission is to revolutionize gene and cell therapy treatment by setting a new standard for precise, targeted surgical delivery. We are based at Ambler Yards just outside Philadelphia, on an exciting new start-up campus. We are looking for smart, motivated individuals who are as passionate as we are to achieve our mission.
To take the next exciting step in your career, please explore our list of current openings and job descriptions below. To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for purchasing and inventory management. The Specialist works directly with the Management Team to assure compliance to customer requirements and internal specifications/procedures.
- Maintains supplier files (e.g. agreements, purchase orders, supplier acknowledgements)
- Assists in the supplier credit process.
- Participates in the new product development processes
- Adheres to quality management system (QMS) requirements outlined in procedures
- Executes all activities related to materials procurement including the placement and management of purchase orders
- Assures all purchase orders are issued to suppliers on the approved suppliers list (ASL)
- Maintains day to day communication with suppliers to ensure high levels of on-time delivery and system data integrity
- Proactively identifies areas for improvement in the supply base by identifying performance or quality related issues and resolving them
- Stores product in defined inventory locations
- Issues inventory on a FIFO (first-in-first-out) basis
- Performs inventory transactions and maintains inventory records
- Completes shipping documentation and ships products
- Collaborates with Finance, Product Development, and Quality team members.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management Preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience in purchasing and inventory management
- Some experience in a related industry or regulated environment (e.g. medical device, pharmaceuticals)
- Intermediate or advanced level of knowledge of MS Office Suite (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe
- Experience/ knowledge of purchasing and inventory management systems (e.g. ERP, bill of materials)
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from Management and Suppliers
- Occasionally file or move documents
- Occasionally moves or lifts materials up to 25 lbs., assisted or unassisted.
- Requires operation of a pallet jack
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
Gyroscope Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Gyroscope Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from recruiters if a signed agreement is in place at the inception of the recruiting effort and authorized for a specified position. Unsolicited resumes sent to Gyroscope Therapeutics from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Gyroscope Therapeutics and do not obligate Gyroscope Therapeutics to pay fees if we hire from those resumes.